COTA Membership Benefits
COTA membership rights/benefits include:
- Eligible to become a COTA BOD member;
- Voting rights on COTA BOD members;
- Networking with COTA memebrs world wide;
- Opportunities of COTA fellowships for attending CICTP;
- Opportunities of participating in major exchanging programs with Chinese institutes and/or joint conference sessions with other prestigious professional associations; and
- Receiving email notifications about COTA activities, news, newsletters, announcements of meetings, conferences and workshops.
How to Join
There are five categories of COTA membership:
- Any individual with a residence status in a country or region other than China, whose area of expertise is in transportation related fields and/or who is interested in the Association can become a member of the Association by filing an appropriate application and upon payment of the membership dues.
- Members shall be entitled to all privileges of the Association, including holding Board of Directors positions and voting on the Association matters.
- Members shall pay annual membership dues. The amount of membership dues shall be determined by the Board of Directors.
- A Student Member shall be a person who is enrolled as a full-time student in a college outside of China.
- Student Members shall be entitled to all privileges of the Association, including holding positions and voting on the Association matters.
- Student Members shall pay annual membership dues. The amount of student membership dues shall be determined by the Board of Directors.
- Any individual who are interested in the Association shall be eligible for this membership, and may become an Associate Member of the Association upon filing an appropriate application.
- Associate Members shall neither hold positions nor vote on any Association matters.
- Associate Members are not required to pay annual membership dues.
- An honorary member shall be 1) a person who has made significant contributions to the transportation profession and/or to the Association; or 2) a transportation professional, regardless of race and nationality, who has been internationally recognized with his/her prestigious reputation in scholarly research and/or professional practice. An honorary member must be nominated by the Award and Recognition Committee and approved by the Board of Directors.
- An honorary member shall neither hold Board of Directors positions nor vote on any Association matters.
- Honorary members are not required to pay annual membership dues.
- Institution Members are those legitimate entities, including for-profit corporate entities, non-profit organizations, governmental agencies and educational institutes, who agree with the bylaws, are willing to support the Association's activities, and have paid the annual institution membership dues.
- Each Institution Member shall have one (1) affiliate representative who is entitled to all privileges of a member. However, the affiliate representative may not hold any positions unless he or she is also a bona fide individual Member at the same time.
- Institution Members shall pay annual membership dues. The amount of institution membership dues shall be determined by the Board of Directors.
The cost of these COTA membership:
- 1-year COTA Regular Member ($40)
- 2-year COTA Regular Member ($75)
- 3-year COTA Regular Member ($110)
- 1-year COTA Student Member ($10)
- 1-year COTA Associate Member ($40)
- 2-year COTA Associate Member ($75)
- 3-year COTA Associate Member ($110)
- COTA Life Member, age under 36 ($1500)
- COTA Life Member, age 36 – 50 ($1200)
- COTA Life Member, age 51 – 65 ($900)
- COTA Life Member, age over 65 ($600)
There are two ways to become a COTA Member or a COTA Student Member1) Download and fill out the application form. Please email the application form to:
Dr. Haizhog Wang(Haizhong.Wang@oregonstate.edu, COTA Outreach and Membership Officer), or
Dr. Lijun Sun(firstname.lastname@example.org, COTA Outreach and Membership Officer), and
Dr. Jianwei Wang(email@example.com, COTA Treasurer)
2) On-site registration for COTA membership is available at TRB COTA Symposium, TRB COTA Reception, and at COTA Summer CICTP Conference;
There are two ways to pay your membership due1) Pay the membership due via paypal.
2) Mail your membership due (check only payable to: COTA) to the following address:
ATTN: Dr. Jianwei Wang
4440 Willard Avenue #610
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
4440 Willard Avenue #610
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
If your agency wants to become an Institution Member, please contact Dr. Haizhong Wang (Haizhong.Wang@oregonstate.edu), or Dr. Lijun Sun (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Jianwei Wang(email@example.com).
Any type of membership application for the current calendar year must be accepted by October 1st. The membership remains ineffective until both payment and complete registration form are received.