Organized and sponsored by the Chinese Overseas Transportation Association (COTA), University of Hawaii, and Transportation Research Board (TRB), the inaugural 2018 COTA International Symposium on Emerging Trends in Transportation will be held at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach, Hawaii on October 4~6, 2018. With a theme on Emerging Technologies for Future Mobility Systems, this Fall Symposium series is a new addition to the successful Summer CICTP Conferences and Winter TRB Workshops, organized by COTA and its partners annually for the past 18 years.
Several career developments, funding opportunity, and technical training workshops will be offered to all attendees, including:
- NSF regular and CAREER proposal writing workshops offered by past program directors and past winners.
- Get federal funding for your research program with a focus on USDOT, UTC, NCHRP, FHWA, DOE, and State DOTs.
- Career development forum for transportation professionals in China.
- High-quality research article writing workshops offered by editors of top transportation research journals.
- Job fair for employers and students or professionals seeking career advancement.
- Technical training workshops on analysis, modeling and simulation tools, such as connected and automated vehicles, artificial intelligence and machine learning, emerging big data analytics, ABM-DTA, etc.
The symposium will also offer the following social and technical tours for additional learning and networking opportunities:
- Book reading club on the beach.
- Roof-top discussion on how to launch a successful startup for your technology.
- Technical tours of coastal transportation projects and infrastructure in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Sunrise and sunset 5K group runs.
- Dinner groups at various local and ethnic restaurants.